Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Problems with Renovating...

There are many problems with renovating, (I am Captain Obvious, apprently,) and I plan on high lighting them here.  The first though, is that the project will inevitably grow.

The idea has been to get a new kitchen, but the desire has grown to fixing the fireplace.



The fireplace is love here, as the sellers had put it all together so beautifully. Once we moved in, however, the ledge became a place where my kids land their crap, I mean, prized possessions. Lego assemblies in various degrees of completion, drawings of various sophistication, library books, crap, crap, crap. I would show you a picture of it, but I am too sheepish to do that.

Moreover, we are Chinese people, and as we have been raised in earthquake country, all we ever heard was: Why would you use a fireplace? There could be cracks and you could set a fire! The toxic byproducts! Carbon dioxide! You could die!

Therefore, we have no use for this.

And I want it out. OUT! It is really a matter of life and death. 

It is also of utmost importance to get build-in cabinets for the aforementioned crap.

See, the scope of the project is expanding. 

This, is the number one problem of renovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment